Where's ToL?


  • Banned

    I miss the Roasting Pussy Oven (that was what he/she/it called themselves).



  • OMG!! I remember ToL from my Shadowed Island days!!


  • Banned

    @Luna

    I hope nothing happened to them. They were very funny.



  • @Cirno Agreed! I always thought of ToL as a girl. I don't know why. She (maybe?) said nice things about me.


  • Banned

    @Luna said:

    @Cirno Agreed! I always thought of ToL as a girl. I don't know why. She (maybe?) said nice things about me.

    Maybe because they typed like a girl?

    Some people claim to be capable of discerning one's gender from their typing style. I disagree, mostly because people say I type like a woman, but I am very visibly male in real life.

    I'm a cute girl on the inside! :D

    I RP'd with a chap on Shang once who claimed to be capable of doing this, and HE said I was a woman. I let him believe what he wanted.

    FWIW, when I was 3-4 years old, my mother let my hair grow out to the point where people regularly called me a little girl.

    I still have long hair, and, amusingly, I was sitting in a chair in Starbucks once, and a white woman approached me and said "Ma'am, your car's headlights are on."

    She jumped about twelve feet when I turned around and confronted her with my beard and bushy eyebrows. She probably thought her life had suddenly become a horror movie.



  • I'm often accused of being a dude based on how I come off to people online. I'm not sure what that says about me. Lol



  • I get accused of being a guy all the time.

    It's really frustrating for a liberated modern asexual internet person like myself.


  • Pitcrew

    The loudest someone on Reddit ever yelled at me was when I offhand corrected his assumption that I was a guy by just letting him know I was a woman. Apparently this was the WORST THING EVER. ¯_(ツ)_/¯



  • I get the 'you must be a guy' all the time on Shang. When I ask why, I tend to get, "Because all the real girls around here are sweet and giggly and affectionate!" (I'm not.)

    All the actual female players I know there... uh... yeah, they're more or less like me, so I never know whether to laugh or cry when I hear that answer. (Which is the same every. fucking. time.)



  • @surreality said:

    I get the 'you must be a guy' all the time on Shang. When I ask why, I tend to get, "Because all the real girls around here are sweet and giggly and affectionate!" (I'm not.)

    All the actual female players I know there... uh... yeah, they're more or less like me, so I never know whether to laugh or cry when I hear that answer. (Which is the same every. fucking. time.)

    That just strikes me as so odd. I can think of a few dozen female MU players, and I'm trying really hard to think of any I would ever describe as 'giggly' and coming up with a blank. It's so different from all the ones I know I just don't even know where that would be coming from.



  • @Apos said:

    @surreality said:

    I get the 'you must be a guy' all the time on Shang. When I ask why, I tend to get, "Because all the real girls around here are sweet and giggly and affectionate!" (I'm not.)

    All the actual female players I know there... uh... yeah, they're more or less like me, so I never know whether to laugh or cry when I hear that answer. (Which is the same every. fucking. time.)

    That just strikes me as so odd. I can think of a few dozen female MU players, and I'm trying really hard to think of any I would ever describe as 'giggly' and coming up with a blank. It's so different from all the ones I know I just don't even know where that would be coming from.

    It's a case of the more clueless male players pretending to be female players (as opposed to just playing female characters) thinking this is what girls are like, lying about it, and even more clueless people falling for it.



  • @Admiral said:

    I get accused of being a guy all the time.

    I used to get called a guy all the time by readers when I was a reporter. Which amused me far more than when I get called one other anonymous places, because my byline was right at the top of every story and, if a dude named Sarah exists, I've yet meet him.


  • Admin

    Are three-eyed crows named Sarah more common?



  • @Arkandel said:

    Are three-eyed crows named Sarah more common?

    Somewhat, as there is one.


 

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.