General MSB announcements

• Admin

We might as well have a sticky here for site-wide stuff that probably don't interest most people.

The first item: Users reported they weren't receiving e-mails. This was verified, and as of now we upgraded to postfix over sendmail. I tested just now and it works, but if it doesn't please let me know.

• Admin

... Second post! Already!

So when I uninstalled sendmail since we no longer needed it, it didn't clean up after itself... but left a little present behind in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ , which was causing ifup -v eth0 to fail. In a layman's terms, the machine hosting MSB was up after that but it had no functional network until I fired up a console (thanks Linode for that) and figured out wtf had just happened.

Sorry about the disruption.

• Admin

We had about a small unannounced downtime today. It's pretty rare for Linode to have those, but this is all I can tell you from their web interface:

"We are aware of an issue affecting service to this Linode.

If you are experiencing issues with this Linode, there is no need to issue any jobs or open a support ticket at this time. Please monitor our status blog for further information. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

We seem to be okay now. I couldn't even access the server through the console before.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.