Where to play?
Long-time RPer, first time caller... wanted to say that I love the show.
I'm looking for a game. Now, before you all chime in, wait for it... there's stipulations.
- I don't know nWoD at all, but can learn. Slowly. I haven't played WoD for over a decade.
- I play during US daytimes, so while I can RP slowly, I cannot play at night/weekend timeslots, so I need a game that has activity during the days.
- Genres I would like*: Adult level fantasy (original or not), modern horror, sci-fi (non-Transformers, non-Star Wars).
- I would love to have at least a contact to RP with, chat with, hang out with. Even better is a tie-in for characters/groups.
- Afterthought: Genres I do not have interest in: Lords and Ladies games, My Little Pony, Tranformers, or anything based on a "kid's show".
I play US daytimes. Try BSG: Unification. Battlestar Galactica is a sci-fi war scenario. Players there are good, the code is great, and CGen is so quick and easy you can do it through the web.
You could check out NOLA! We're Chronicles of Darkness, but fairly small so far and helpful for learning. I know there are some other people who have been wanting to play during the day, too. I don't play anywhere else right now, really, so I can't be more helpful than that, sorry!
Pondscum last edited by Pondscum
You could check out Fear & Loathing too. It's an nWoD GMC game, with some hacks between 1e/2e. It's growing at a steady rate and they have an incredibly active vampire sphere with lots of politics, scheming and a huge sphere-wide plot that's drawing most characters in.
There are a number of players that are European and GMT+ hours, along with quite a few that play EST daytime hours.
Spheres are Changeling, Changing Breed, Vampire, Immortal, Mortal/+
Ataru last edited by
Agree on Fear & Loathing ... also just discovered Fate's Harvest ... Changeling oriented game. Good setup. Definitely encourage.
@Ganymede - As she said, it's a good, solid place. Small playerbase, but even if you don't want to make a char, there's also pre-made 'roster' characters you can claim to play.
Checking it out
I play there as Erin. The ARES system allows you to register a handle for all your alts, and mine is, naturally, @Ganymede. So, I'm pretty easy to find.
I saw you log out yesterday. :)