Darkwater as Mini-Games


  • Tutorialist

    Hello.

    I've been batting around this idea for a little bit, so I'll go ahead and just post it up. If you're looking to build a nWoD place but don't have a coder / code / a host, I'm willing to let people use Darkwater to host smaller/"mini"-games.

    If anyone wants to do it please let me know. As I'll need to set up different zones, and tell the could how to tell what zone/game a player belongs to.

    But as a benefit you would have access to all of the DW code. Which includes GMCized Theno's nWoD chargen.


  • Pitcrew

    Maybe this would be a good place to put that Hunter-only game the other thread is about.


  • Pitcrew

    Probably the wrong spot, but Cobalt, the code will probably need an update for Werewolf 2nd sheets.



  • I can't code ALL GMC all at once. Demon is almost done. Maybe @Cobaltasaurus Will help me out. Wink wink.



  • @Thenomain DEMON!!??!?!? <3

    I'm not saying I've been wishing to play demon, but, its been on the top of the list since I heard it was being released...



  • @Thenomain Your systems always take so long cause you insist on adding in all the super powers. Could just let the game owners do that and have a system for them doing it. That's my theory.



  • https://github.com/thenomain/GMCCG/tree/master/1 - Data Dictionary/Demon

    Still working out how to do Interlocks and Ciphers, which are Mux unfriendly. No suggestions needed, just time and caution.


    Cobs, this is one of the cooler additions to the system:

    &class.demonic_form.? DD=flag

    Class for the entire stat category may be set this way, with exceptions made per stat. The code overhead should be very slight. I haven't finished coding in what the 'flag' stat class means, but it will mean that it doesn't need or even get a value. Conditions, Keys, etc.


    @alzie, Part of the problem is that each new WoD game seems to introduce a new stat concept. Once I get that concept coded, it's good for staffers to add the stats. I often have to explain how to make a prerequisite, which doesn't help matters either. Some are simple, others need to know not only what the stat currently is but what it's being set to. This means teaching some staffers some code, or eventually creating a token system for it.

    I am wildly unhappy how I'm doing list stats such as Gifts, too.



  • Well, that's our other difference. You code in pre-requisites, I don't. You think the system should handle that, I think the staffers should. I imagine that we do many small things different in this way.

    Actually I know we do, we always argued about it on the reach. haha.


  • Pitcrew

    @ThatOneDude said:

    @Thenomain DEMON!!??!?!? <3

    I'm not saying I've been wishing to play demon, but, its been on the top of the list since I heard it was being released...

    You'll get your wish (relatively) soon. The game I'm working on will have Demon available for players, though we will beg patience as, even if we know the game inside and out theoretically, it's still a very intensive game to run, especially on a MU* medium.



  • @Coin Understood, its just cool to hear its a possibility.



  • @Alzie said:

    Well, that's our other difference. You code in pre-requisites, I don't. You think the system should handle that, I think the staffers should. I imagine that we do many small things different in this way.

    Yeah, I looked at your system and then looked again for a, you know, a system. Anyone can offer a list of traits. You made character sheets into an inventory list!

    I made them into art.

    ;)



  • @Thenomain said:

    @Alzie said:

    Well, that's our other difference. You code in pre-requisites, I don't. You think the system should handle that, I think the staffers should. I imagine that we do many small things different in this way.

    Yeah, I looked at your system and then looked again for a, you know, a system. Anyone can offer a list of traits. You made character sheets into an inventory list!

    I made them into art.

    ;)

    Necessity. Gotta give up something to make a sheet system that will pretty much support any data someone gives it.


  • Tutorialist

    I'll take coded prereqs over staff checking /any day/. Good lord. Whether or not it is a "duty" of staff to check the prereqs if the code can do it, let the fucking code do it. I'd rather have staff process clean apps faster, than have to double check every single stats that someone wants to get.

    If the code can say: "Sorry, you need Dex 3, Resolve 3, Brawl 2, and Athletics 2 to buy Martial Arts, and your dexterity 2 and athletics 1 don't meet those requirements you can't take this stat--" I'd rather have the code do it before the PC ever gets to the 'apply stage'.

    I mean really. I think WoD games are the only system I've ever seen where shoddy coding that doesn't do all the rules checks beforehand is considered "okay" or "that's how it is supposed to be".


  • Tutorialist

    That being said above: @Thenomain & @Glitch is there a way to split threads? Can the code discussion part of this be moved to another fight?



  • So, you could add some stuff for the following? It's what I'd like to do next. Well, one of the next for a few months as something similar to TT.

    Supernatural Mafia (supers, illegal crime, and the cops may be TFV)
    Vampire in Babylon (taking the general outline of Black Streets of Babylon in Ancient Mysteries and Ancient Bloodlines)
    Werewolf in the Wild West (and as Pure PCs)
    Changeling as Loyalists
    Modern Changeling in Hong Kong (with the Directional Courts only)
    Victorian Hunter the Vigil


  • Pitcrew

    @Huzuruth

    Supernatural Mafia could be super cool. Werewolves are particularly built for gang-style crime, while vampires are built for mob-style crime.

    Something in Africa would be really cool. Mage, maybe. You'd have a lot of Thyrsi.


  • Creator

    Combine this:

    Supernatural Mafia (supers, illegal crime, and the cops may be TFV)

    With this:

    Modern Changelings in Hong Kong (with the Directional Courts only)

    ...and you'd have an awesome crime war game with opposing Freeholds being different Triad organizations.


  • Pitcrew

    @somasatori said:

    Combine this:

    Supernatural Mafia (supers, illegal crime, and the cops may be TFV)

    With this:

    Modern Changelings in Hong Kong (with the Directional Courts only)

    ...and you'd have an awesome crime war game with opposing Freeholds being different Triad organizations.

    Fuck. Yes.



  • Forgot to note, but every game would be using GMC. Because I prefer it over base nWoD.


  • Pitcrew

    @somasatori said:

    Combine this:

    Supernatural Mafia (supers, illegal crime, and the cops may be TFV)

    With this:

    Modern Changelings in Hong Kong (with the Directional Courts only)

    ...and you'd have an awesome crime war game with opposing Freeholds being different Triad organizations.

    I just watched Revenge of the Green Dragons. It was pretty good.


Log in to reply