New Mu* Creation: Atharia

• I am aware, I'm pretty flakey on making mu*s but I've actually been putting effort into my current idea. As in, I believe, I've been working on ideas and the likes for over a year now. Could be even longer, as I've been having health problems.

It is, very basically, a world where people are cursed to keep reliving the same life over and over again. Each time something happens in a previous life that is a big deal something changes in the new life. (hope that makes sense)/

It will be a lords and ladies type but I want to work in adventure stuff and things for those who like social and non-social stuff (like combat, scouting, exploring, etc)

I am using the Arxcode for Evennia but a child version of it that Ithir uses. I liked the changes that Ithir staff made about code, which was similar to mine.

I am still working on theme files but I would really like someone who is skilled at the coding. I've been trying but I can only fix cosmetic things, at best. I want to do things like change the website color scheme and alter the skills.

For reference on the files I have: https://atharia.vertinext.com/topics/ . This works. Codely things is happening t fix the other thing.. once I figure out how to fix the issues.

What I would like staffwise:

Someone who wants to help with theme stuff
    Someone who wants to help grid build
    Someone who does codely things.

• @icanbeyourmuse said in New Mu* Creation: Atharia:

It is, very basically, a world where people are cursed to keep reliving the same life over and over again. Each time something happens in a previous life that is a big deal something changes in the new life. (hope that makes sense)/

As in, there's some sort of time loop wonkiness going on and they literally relive the exact same life? Or it's the same mind/soul in different bodies, and like...fated/cursed to do the same things in their lives and face the same sorta circumstances? Or...?

• @Wizz said in New Mu* Creation: Atharia:

@icanbeyourmuse said in New Mu* Creation: Atharia:

As in, there's some sort of time loop wonkiness going on and they literally relive the exact same life? Or it's the same mind/soul in different bodies, and like...fated/cursed to do the same things in their lives and face the same sorta circumstances? Or...?

Exact same life. They even die at the same age, PCs being the exception (o with more freedom on deciding when). Let me see if I can get some of the story I have written.

<not needed now>

That is the back up version. The one on the actual website has some changes to various files. But, the essence is the same.

• And the noble class are actually the people who remember their past lives, which is why they are 'noble'. So, when an action is done to 'stop the repeating lives' and something changes, they remember. Whether it was good or bad.

• I'd be interested to see if this works out. I don't have the headspace for another game, but I once had an idea similar to this (tho it was sci-fi) and a lot of people went 'ehhhhhhhhh' because they didn't like the idea of 'repeating' things on their characters. The feedback was that they'd feel like they were 'losing' (even if things were gained when some big headway were made in the story).

It might work now! This was a handful of years ago. And I'm obvs very into the concept, so I'm rooting for you. :)