Having trouble with Thenomain GMC code
I'm setting up Thenomain GMC code from the Git. I'm using Muxify to translate from the Git, but there's problems. I realized that some of that code is reliant on other objects which aren't part of the package, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. If you're willing and able to help out, please message me and I'll give you the addy. Thank you
Auspice last edited by
The creator will be the best bet for getting it fixed. He may not be able to login to fix it, but I imagine he could give some pointers on finding the issue. :)
It's been a while since I've played with the Thenomain code but if you go into the MU Support systems directory in his git you should find most of what you're looking for there.
I know where it's messing up now The initial messups are around the stat setting functions, primarily getstat/setstat. I've copied/pasted the code numerous times but it still messes up.
Again, it's been a while since I've played around with the code but do you have your data-dictionary set up with the DB set on your code character bit and on all code objects?
@ZombieGenesis I believe I do, but just for clarification, I need to have the d.dd attribute on the character doing the coding?
If I remember correctly, yes because that's where the objects grab the DB #'s for existing objects to put on new objects.
@ZombieGenesis It's on the code parent, which has those references though. The errors seem to be around the statset stuff as that's where the bugs seem to be happening whenever I do the think testing.
Thenomain last edited by Thenomain
Sorry about taking so long on this. I saw it yesterday and fell asleep for 14 hours.
I doubt they were related.
First and foremost: PM me here your Discord nick, and friend request me, Thenomain#4633. I'll try to walk you through some of the fiddly bits.
There are still bits in the GMC code that even the most recently fixed Muxify trips over. Glitch has done an amazing job with it but I believe he's stopped development on it. I'm not the one to ask him for any favors at this point.
That said, here's the technical reason of why you're probably having problems:
See that? That's how I shortcut looking for
thenomain/strength. Well, Muxify also looks for
/* ... */as a comment block.
In smaller blocks, Muxify will understand to ignore
*/*as a Thenoism. (Muxify applies many Thenoisms.) In larger blocks, like the entirety of a file, the code gets confused quite a bit and you lose entire chunks.
I've been meaning to do a bit of refactoring to fix this.
There are other little strange things that might exist in the older code (core) and not in the newer stuff. Let me know. Discord is absolutely the best place to find me these days.
@Kumakun is slowly working on one of their own, posted here, but see my responses for possible issues. Right now the "¬ when pasted becomes ¬" issue is probably going to be the biggest one.
Copy/pasting the troublesome blocks into Muxify is probably the easiest workaround for now.
I added you to Discord.
Also, I was working with Derp, and we were able to fix something things, but then it got borked when trying to fix another. For some reasons stat str* and those things no longer work, and for some reason when setting things, it puts a : before certain values. Hopefully you can help with figuring it out. Thanks!