Shameless Self-Promotion part IV

• So I recently became a Twitch Affiliate. While I'm still uploading videos to Youtube, I'm streaming exclusively on Twitch for now.

Do you have an Amazon Prime account? You get a free subscription every month to Twitch affiliates or partners. I'm basically posting here to ask people who aren't using the free sub to use it on me, basically. It doesn't cost you anything, and it does help me out. Maybe it's my mid-life crisis but my only income right now is from testing games and streaming.

My Twitch link.

Other ways you can help me:

I am also both a Greenman Gaming and Humble Bundle Affiliate. Clicking on either of those links and buying games will give me a little bit of money as well; Greenman Gamin is a flat fee, and the Humble link gives you a Moiren slider in addition to the normal Site, Charity, dev sliders, so you can still decide where your money goes. And if you buy a Humble Monthly bundle, I get a flat fee.

Of course I'd be happy if people followed and watched me for my content or personality, but if you're a Prime member, you don't have to. Win for everyone!

• Pitcrew

@insomnia said in Shameless Self-Promotion part IV:

My Twitch link

I didn't know about the free sub, so since you told me about it- you got mine. :)

(EDIT: esp. since the only other person who would get it does have a full-time job outside his streaming and I know he just got a raise. So he'd probably tell me to use it on you instead.)

• Yay! Thank you!

Yeah the free sub thing has been around since Amazon bought Twitch, but not a lot of people know about it, especially since it doesn't show up to a non affiliate since they can't have subs. I had mine forever before I realized about the free one.

You do have to re-sub each month which is nice too so it doesn't "take" the sub from you, if you have multiple people you want to support too, so that's nice.

• Pitcrew

For idiots who have never used twitch, how do you go from prime to twitch in a way that helps you out? This is amazon uk prime though? Does that matter?

• I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the question. I don't think it matters what sort of Amazon you have, so long as it has prime.

Linking through Twitch
    Linking through Amazon

Those links are instructions for each page. Honestly though it's just a matter of finding where to link on either page.

• Pitcrew

@jinshei I just linked my amazon.co.uk account to my twitch account for the kooky Chocobo reward on FFXV, so it definitely works. Just log onto twitch.tv and click the crown icon by your name and click 'Claim Offer' if you're like me and can't find where to get started, as choosing any one of the offers sets you on the same path for linking Amazon-to-Twitch.

• Pitcrew

Congrats on affiliate! I still haven't managed to actually start streaming, sob. But I've popped in to watch you now and then!

• Thanks! They sent me the email when the program started, but I had just started multi-streaming and didn't want to loose those views. But also I wasn't sure I could make money off it (I am a sellout, yes.) but I've already had my first bit war so yay!

Plus I'll be honest, I can set my channel to adults only on Twitch. Kids are going to lie, I know, but I have no urge to police myself like I do on Youtube.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.