Idealist.Org Game Days

• Reader

The gentleman who runs idealist.org (visit to see if there are jobs and/or volunteer opportunities in your area or online that might work out) has proposed a regular series of board game days in public spaces. The goal is to bring local community/neighborhood folks together, get them playing and talking. When the mood is right, the event-runner asks a couple questions meant to prompt people to discuss what they can do in their area to help improve it, whatever improvement means to them. He suggests 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, etc. each month as the date of choice.

(Link to his original proposal: https://medium.com/@AmiDar/idealists-of-the-world-unite-c84b69429086)

Anyways, I mention it because we seem to enjoy games as a group. :) There are FB groups opening up for various cities, for interested parties to congregate and plan. I myself don't plan to host an event alone, but I'll likely offer to help if anyone in my area wants to take on the brunt of the work.

ES

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.