The Crafting Thread

• Pitcrew

I've been learning how to do chain maille. It's fun! This is a bracelet I made for my sister a few weeks ago. She's since lost it. -_-

alt text

Also toying with the idea of turning them into browbands for horses.

alt text

• Pitcrew

Anyone know any good embroidery kits? Like just a nice whole kit (cloth, thread, pattern) I could pick up?

I've got the other tools, I just want a self-contained kit I can work on this summer.

• Admin

Necromancy befits this

• @arkandel One of the dedicated ‘wear this to dye in’ shirts began white. It reads: I knit so nobody has to die with a skull and crossbones on it.

It is so, so, so very not white any more.

• Pitcrew

I will be too broke still to take advantage, but one of my favorite project bag makers is doing a flash sale tomorrow for cat patterns:

https://www.slippedstitchstudios.com/collections/pic-your-pus

I have two of her project bags (Sock and Two Skein) and one of the Go Crafty Travel Cases. They're awesome and well-made.

She does tons of releases for nerdy stuff. My project bags are Star Wars patterns and the Travel Case is Firefly. Along with the cat ones, she's releasing (tomorrow?) an Outlander (her 2nd) series.

• Pitcrew

@auspice I have some of her stuff!!

• Pitcrew

Photobuquet's hostage situation made me angry. I finally got over myself and just started an imgur profile and up loaded some pics of my latest painting. I kind of stalled awfter doing a Mantic dwarven army and Mantic elven army for Dragon Rampant. I kind of tail spinned in my painting enthusiasm and worked on the Elven Flying Cavalry forever and finally have them ready to be sealed.
    Firstly I repainted a Halloween prop from Dollar General to act as a greater warbeast for my skeletal Romans.

alt text

Then there was this Happy Meal toy a vendor left after a convention over the summer. He left this pile of poor, unloved toys so I took this home (1996 Hercules Happy Meal toy research found) and gave him a repaint to use as a rock golem great warbeast.

alt text

Then there's the Reaper Skeletal Behemoth that was purchased for me as I can't have TOO MANY greater warbeasts.

alt text

alt text

Then there's the flying elite Eleven warrior maidens on pegasi. They need to be sealed and then mounted on their flying bases but ouch, I stalled fo![alt text](image url)rever on getting them finished. More pictures of them once I get them on their stands.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

I'm working on 15th century fantasy knights, pikemen, archers, etc. now. Trying hard to hash out a purple and yellow scheme for them but not quite getting that purple right. Feels good to be painting again, and feels REALLY good to knock out so many figures in short order as I started in on Sunday.

• Pitcrew

@twogunbob

I lack the patience to do mini painting. Full props to those that do. :)

• Pitcrew

And just because I'm uploading again, the last painting spell was in August when I was in medium sized dragon mode. Elven leader on venom dragon.

alt text

alt text

alt text

And my leader figure for the undead Romans. Totally inspired by that old Dungeons and Dragons module CM2 Death's Ride... Only the dragon was blue on the cover.

alt text

alt text

alt text

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.